OUR COURSES ARE ENDORSED BY
Expand your business and start offering your clients detailed diet plans.
I really enjoyed everything on the course, especially putting my knowledge into practice on the assessment day. I’m pleased I chose FitLearn to study with.Lily
- CACHE Level 2 in Nutrition and Health
This course is specially designed for distance learning.
When you sign up with FitLearn, we provide you with a fitness tutor and an induction webinar to get you started on the right foot.
The webinar gives you a complete overview of our service, together with the instructions on how to get the best out of your course and access support if you need it.
Get the following resources
- Unlimited tutor support by telephone and email
- Online training manuals, created by fitness professionals
- Access to a purpose-built online training portal where you can complete multiple choice exams and submit video-based assessments
With easy-to-follow materials, flexible study and tutor support, FitLearn set you up for success.
ENTRY, QUALIFICATIONS AND RECOGNITION
Anyone over the age of 16 can study with us.
Completion of this course will give you the following qualifications:
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health
Our qualifications are industry recognised and on successful completion, you will be able to be a Nutrition Advisor with a regulated qualification.
All awarding bodies charge a fee for Registration and Certification. CACHE charges £55 for this course and this will be payable at the end of your course when we order your certificate.
WHAT WILL I STUDY AND HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT IT TO TAKE?
What can I expect to study and how long will it take?
The Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health is a qualification that can be studied by distance. We recommend you take a minimum of 2 weeks to complete the following 5 units:
Unit 1: Explore Principles of Healthy Eating
• How diet is linked to health
• Components of a healthy diet
• Nutrients in food and their role in maintaining health
• Healthy food preparation
Unit 2: Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
• Nutritional needs of children and young people
• Nutritional needs of older people
• Special dietary requirements
• Barriers to healthy eating
Unit 3: Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
• Food labelling
• Food additives
• Apply principles of healthy eating
Unit 4: The Principles of Weight Management
• Know the risks associated with ineffective weight management
• Understand how body image may influence weight management
• Know about effective methods of weight management
• Be able to plan a short-term weight management programme for an individual
Unit 5: Understanding Eating Disorders
• Know about eating disorders
• Understand the connection between food and feelings
• Know how to access information and support relating to eating disorders
HOW WILL I COMPLETE MY ASSESSMENTS?
We aim to make every aspect of study as flexible as possible – including our assessments. We believe you should be able to take your exams when it suits you.
Our assessment path
- Step 1: Multiple choice exams – Take your exams online when you choose, using our simple multiple choice format.
- CACHE Level 2 in Nutrition and Health
- Gain confidence in writing diet-plans
- Increase your revenue as Personal Trainer
- Become a Nutrition Advisor and gain clients
- Learn about eating disorders and food labelling
- Set up your own weight loss clubs or clinics
- Work with GP’s in delivering advice
- Ideal for those working in Hospitality and Healthcare
Support When You Need It
FitLearn gives you proven materials that contain all the information you need. But if you’re still struggling, take advantage of our unlimited 1-2-1 support to help you over any hurdles in the course. Our professionals have been through the same learning as you – so there’s not a challenge you can’t beat together.
ASSESSMENT ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
We make studying as adaptable as possible, so you can complete your coursework and multiple-choice exams online, whenever you want. You can even film your practical assessments at your own gym and then upload them to us to grade.
Graduate Interview Guarantee
With a FitLearn qualification behind you, clubs know you’ll have the skills to work with their customers. We can guarantee that all of our graduates are offered an interview through our network of partners at their closest available gym.
Ready to take your next step?
Book onto your course now