OUR PARTNERS & PROVIDERS
- Course Details
- Entry and Recognition
- Career Opportunities
The Level 4 Master Diploma in Personal Training is a fully digital programme that is delivered online through the FitLearn Academy student portal. From your dashboard you will access workbooks, multiple-choice exams and upload your practical assessments. We recommend that the study time for this programme is 12 weeks but will vary depending on the number of hours committed to studying each week.
For this programme you will complete the following assessments.
- Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP) – Fill in your LAP when you complete modules. Submit your answers, work with your tutor and achieve.
- Multiple choice exams – Take your exams online when you choose, using our simple multiple choice format.
- Video practical sessions – With FitLearn you can take your practical assessments in your own gym so there’s not the hassle of travelling to a distant assessment centre. Just pick a training partner and then use your phone to video yourself performing a session. You can then upload the result directly from your phone through our specially built training portal. Your tutor will watch the video, and give you feedback on what you’ve done well and where you can make things better. You can even do it again if you don’t get it right the first time.
- Case study – Test your client skills on a training partner. Build a client profile for them and create an exercise programme. Deliver the programme and then evaluate the results. Just like you will be doing for clients when you’re working as a professional.
- Workshop – For the Level 4 Strength and Conditioning, you’ll attend a 2 day workshop working with our expert tutors, learning high-level techniques and taking a final assessment.
- Practical Hours/Workshop – Gain practical experience! Choose between either 20 hours work experience with a REPs professional in your local gym and complete your logbook to record a variety of observations and tasks that you have witnessed and shadowed. Alternatively attend a workshop with a FitLearn tutor and spend a whole day with an industry expert gaining invaluable hands-on experience in a gym environment!
COURSE PRICING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
We aim to make our courses accessible to as many people as possible, so either choose to pay upfront or spread the cost with a deposit and the remaining balance spread over 12 monthly instalments.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS AND RECOGNITION
You do not need any previous experience or qualifications to enrol on this course as it includes a LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN FITNESS INSTRUCTING.
On completion of this programme you will receive the following qualifications:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Strength and Conditioning
- FITLEARN Kettlebell Instructor
- FITLEARN Circuit Instructor
- FITLEARN Indoor Cycling Instructor
This will allow you to join the following professional bodies:
- Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 4 (REPs)
- Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA)
- United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) at Associate Level
OUR STUDENT REVIEWS
90 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
If you don’t feel like we’ve delivered on our promise after going through the course materials, send us an email within 90 days of your enrollment. So long as you’ve submitted all of your workbooks in the learner portal, completed the online exams and practical assessments, we’ll refund 100% of your investment minus a 10% restocking fee. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund if you have already received any certificates.
Anyone over the age of 16 can study with us.
Our qualifications are industry recognised and on successful completion, you will be able to:
- Register with REPs at Level 4
- Become a CIMSPA member
- Get you ready for the UKSCA and NSCA exams
The Master Personal Trainer qualifies you to work as a personal trainer either within a gym or in a self-employed capacity.
As a personal trainer, you will collect and analyse client information to design and implement exercise programmes for clients’, as well as continually motivate them to help them achieve their individual goals.
The Level 4 Award in Strength and Conditioning qualifies you to work as a Strength and Conditioning Coach either in a self-employed capacity or within sports teams such as rugby clubs, football clubs or athletic clubs. Many students use this course as the foundation to becoming UKSCA accredited or to further their studies and enrol on to a masters program such as the St. Marys University distance learning degree course
Our careers service will start your career
Choose a package with career services, and you will be assigned a Career Manager offering 12 months support into work after you’ve completed your course, including:
- A Careers Line to your dedicated Career Manager – Your dedicated Career Manager will answer any questions obout getting your foot on the career ladder.
- A CV Editing Service – Send us your current CV, we will edit it to make it fit for purpose for the fitness industry.
- Exclusive Job Access – Receive exclusive invitations to our Recruitment & Assessment Days hosted by our employment partners who seek to employ FitLearn graduates into their gyms and health clubs across the country.
Support When You Need It
FitLearn gives you proven materials that contain all the information you need. But if you’re still struggling, take advantage of our unlimited 1-2-1 support to help you over any hurdles in the course. Our professionals have been through the same learning as you – so there’s not a challenge out there you can’t beat together.
ASSESSMENT MADE SIMPLE
We make studying as adaptable as possible, so you can complete your coursework and multiple-choice exams online, whenever you want. You can even film your Level 2 and 3 practical assessments at your own gym and then upload them to us to grade. With that all completed, you’ll then fast-track through the Level 4 practical workshop in just one weekend.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
With a FitLearn qualification behind you, clubs know you’ll have the skills to work with their customers. We can guarantee that all of our graduates are offered an interview through our network of partners at their closest available gym.
DO I NEED ACCESS TO A GYM?
Having access to a gym while you are studying will be hugely beneficial as it allows you to put your new skills into practice and reinforces the theory you are learning. You will need access to a gym to perform your video based practical assessments.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAMME?
This programme has been designed to fit around other commitments and allow you to study without deadlines. Start when you’re ready and qualify at your own pace. If you need to take a break, your student portal will keep track of your progress so getting back into studying couldn’t be easier.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I FAIL AN ASSESSMENT?
You will never fail an assessment! If you don’t pass first time it’s known as a referral, not a fail. Your assessor will give you detailed feedback to help you understand where you have gone wrong and how to improve. You can then resubmit or retake your assessment with no additional fees.
DO I ACCESS ALL OF THE COURSES AT ONCE?
You will complete each qualification in sequence, starting with the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing. This way you won’t get overwhelmed and will build your knowledge from the basics up, once you have completed a qualification the next will unlock. Once qualified, you will have lifetime access to the student portal to review materials whenever you like.
WHAT IF I'M NOT BASED IN THE UK?
The principles of personal training are the same no matter where in the world you live and we are honoured to have students in many different countries including the UK, Ireland, Australia, Croatia, USA, Thailand, Dubai and China. This programme can be completed mostly through distance learning and online assessment, but it is important to note that the Level 4 Strength and Conditioning course includes 2 attendance days in the UK.
WILL THERE BE ANY ADDITIONAL FEES?
We use DPD to ship your resources to you quickly and efficiently, so a small shipping fee will be added during the checkout process.
Our awarding bodies charge a registration and certification fee for each qualification that is completed with them. You are required to pay these fees once you have completed your studies. The fees for this package are:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – £66
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training – £77
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Strength and Conditioning – £80
If you decide to attend optional training days additional fees will apply.
WHAT SUPPORT WILL I GET WHILE I STUDY?
Our team of expert tutors are here for you! We offer unlimited support while you are studying by both telephone and email.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
We are happy to answer any questions you have, call us on 020 3322 7111 and speak to one of our course advisors.
Ready to take your next step?
Book onto your course now