OUR COURSES ARE ENDORSED BY
Learn anywhere, anytime you want with distance learning and practical assessment via video.
I work full time, so it was great that the FitLearn course was accessible to me. The staff were excellent and always available when I needed help. I’m looking at doing another course already!Shaun M
- Course Content
- A Proven Way to Learn
- Straightforward Assessments
Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
• Understand the heart and circulatory system and its relation to exercise and health
• Understand the musculoskeletal system and its relation to exercise
• Understand postural and core stability
• Understand the nervous system and its relation to exercise
• Understand the endocrine system and its relation to exercise and health
– Understand energy systems and their relation to exercise
Unit 2: Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
• Understand the principles of nutrition
• Understand key guidelines in relation to nutrition
• Understand nationally recommended practice in relation to providing nutritional advice
• Understand the relationship between nutrition and physical activity
• Understand how to collect information relating to nutrition
• Understand how to use nutritional information
• Understand the principles of nutritional goal setting with clients
• Be able to collect and analyse nutritional information
• Be able to apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
Unit 3: Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Understand how to prepare personal training programmes
• Understand the importance of long term behaviour change for personal training
• Understand the principles of collecting information to plan a personal training programme
• Understand how to screen clients prior to a personal training programme
• Understand how to identify personal training goals with clients
• Understand how to plan a personal training programme with clients
• Understand how to adapt a personal training programme with clients
• Be able to collect information about clients
• Be able to agree goals with clients
• Be able to plan a personal training programme with clients
• Be able to manage a personal training programme
• Be able to review progress with clients
• Be able to adapt a personal training programme with clients
Unit 4: Delivering Personal Training Sessions
• Understand how to instruct exercise during personal training sessions
• Understand how to adapt exercise to meet client needs during personal training session
• Understand how to review personal training sessions with clients
• Be able to plan and prepare personal training sessions
• Be able to prepare clients for personal training sessions
• Be able to instruct and adapt planned exercises
• Be able to bring exercise sessions to an end
• Be able to reflect on providing personal training sessions
This course is specially designed for distance learning.
When you sign up with FitLearn, we provide you with a fitness tutor and an induction webinar to get you started on the right foot.
The webinar gives you a complete overview of our service, together with the instructions on how to get the best out of your course and access support if you need it.
Get the following resources:
- Unlimited tutor support by telephone and email
- Hard copy training manuals, created by fitness professionals
- Access to a purpose built online training portal where you can complete multiple choice exams and submit video-based assessments
- Straightforward digital workbooks
The Level 3 course will take a minimum of 4 weeks to complete, but we allow up to a year so you can easily fit it around other commitments. We can even organise an extension for a small fee if you need it. The approximate guided learning hours for this course is 245 hours.
With easy-to-follow materials, flexible study and tutor support, FitLearn set you up for success
We aim to make every aspect of study as flexible as possible– including our assessments. We believe you should be able to take your exams and practical sessions when it suits you – no booking involved.
Our five assessment paths
- Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP) – Fill in your LAP when you complete modules. Submit your answers, work with your tutor and achieve.
- Multiple choice exams – Take your exams online when you choose, using our simple multiple choice format.
- Video practical sessions – Work in your own gym, choose the training partner that suits you best and video yourself performing a top-notch training session. Upload the results and we’ll get back to you with feedback.
- Case study – Test your skills on a training partner. Build a client profile for them and create an exercise programme. Deliver the programme and then evaluate the results. Just like you will be doing for clients when you’re working as a professional.
- Practical Hours/Workshop – Gain practical experience! Choose between either 20 hours work experience with a REPs professional in your local gym and complete your logbook to record a variety of observations and tasks that you have witnessed and shadowed. Alternatively attend a workshop with a FitLearn tutor and spend a whole day with an industry expert gaining invaluable hands-on experience in a gym environment!
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Eligible for entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3
- Permitted to obtain public liability insurance as a gym instructor
- Eligible to become a CIMSPA member
- Extend your knowledge up to the standard of a professional personal trainer
Become employed by a gym as a personal trainer or set up your own business
SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT
FitLearn gives you proven materials that contain all the information you need. But if you’re still struggling, take advantage of our unlimited 1-2-1 support to help you over any hurdles in the course. Our professionals have been through the same learning as you – so there’s not a challenge you can’t beat together.
ASSESSMENT ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
We make studying as adaptable as possible, so you can complete your coursework and multiple-choice exams online, whenever you want. You can even film your practical assessments at your own gym and then upload them to us to grade.
Graduate Interview Guarantee
With a FitLearn qualification behind you, clubs know you’ll have the skills to work with their customers. We can guarantee that all of our graduates are offered an interview through our network of partners at their closest available gym.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED TO ENROL ON THE COURSE?
We recommend that you have experience of gym-based exercise and fitness, including free weights. Basic personal and communication skills are also important, although we’ll help you polish your customer service skills as you go through the course.
DO I HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM?
FitLearn require all students to be properly assessed. You will be expected to complete 2 multiple choice exams through our online portal.
I WORK FULL TIME – WILL THIS COURSE BE RIGHT FOR ME?
This course has been constructed with flexibility in mind, and is designed to fit around a busy life. Complete your course learning when it suits you and take assessments on your schedule. What’s more, you can work entirely from distance and you get 12 months to complete the course.
HOW WILL MY TUTOR SUPPORT ME THROUGHOUT THE COURSE?
You can contact your tutor via or telephone to ask about any aspect of the course.
Additionally we provide you with a step-by-step guide to assist you through the study and assessment process –if you haven’t studied in a while, it’s the perfect aid to get you up to speed.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
The registration fees for the NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training is £77.
WILL FITLEARN ACCEPT STUDENTS BASED OUTSIDE THE UK?
We regularly work with students on a global basis. This course can be completed entirely through distance learning and online assessment.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE COURSE?
You receive all the FitLearn written learning materials needed to study this course at your home – together with full tutor support for 12 months.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION – WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
We are happy to answer any questions you have, just call 020 3322 7111.
Ready to take your next step?
Book onto your course now