OUR PARTNERS & PROVIDERS
Learn anywhere, anytime you want with distance learning and practical assessment via video.
- COURSE DETAILS
The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training is a fully digital programme that is delivered online through the FitLearn Academy student portal. From your dashboard you will access workbooks, multiple-choice exams and upload your practical assessments. We recommend that the study time for this programme is 4 weeks but will vary depending on the number of hours committed to studying each week.
For this programme you will complete the following assessments.
- Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP) – Fill in your LAP when you complete modules. Submit your answers, work with your tutor and achieve.
- Multiple choice exams – Take your exams online when you choose, using our simple multiple choice format.
- Video practical sessions – With FitLearn you can take your practical assessments in your own gym so there’s not the hassle of travelling to a distant assessment centre. Just pick a training partner and then use your phone to video yourself performing a session. You can then upload the result directly from your phone through our specially built training portal. Your tutor will watch the video, and give you feedback on what you’ve done well and where you can make things better. You can even do it again if you don’t get it right the first time.
- Case study – Test your client skills on a training partner. Build a client profile for them and create an exercise programme. Deliver the programme and then evaluate the results. Just like you will be doing for clients when you’re working as a professional.
- Practical Hours/Workshop – Gain practical experience! Choose between either 20 hours work experience with a REPs professional in your local gym and complete your logbook to record a variety of observations and tasks that you have witnessed and shadowed. Alternatively attend a workshop with a FitLearn tutor and spend a whole day with an industry expert gaining invaluable hands-on experience in a gym environment!
COURSE PRICING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
We aim to make our courses accessible to as many people as possible, so either choose to pay upfront or spread the cost with a deposit and the remaining balance spread over 12 monthly instalments.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS AND RECOGNITION
The LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN FITNESS INSTRUCTING is a prerequisite for this course therefore it is suitable for practicing Fitness Instructors. If you do not have this qualification please consider the Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training as this is included.
On completion of this programme you will receive the following qualifications:
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- FITLEARN Kettlebell Instructor
- FITLEARN Circuit Instructor
- FITLEARN Indoor Cycling Instructor
This will allow you to join the following professional bodies:
- Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 3 (REPs)
- Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA)
OUR STUDENT REVIEWS
90 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
If you don’t feel like we’ve delivered on our promise after going through the course materials, send us an email within 90 days of your enrollment. So long as you’ve submitted all of your workbooks in the learner portal, completed the online exams and practical assessments, we’ll refund 100% of your investment minus a 10% restocking fee. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund if you have already received any certificates.
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Eligible for entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3
- Permitted to obtain public liability insurance as a gym instructor
- Eligible to become a CIMSPA member
- Extend your knowledge up to the standard of a professional personal trainer
Become employed by a gym as a personal trainer or set up your own business
SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT
FitLearn gives you proven materials that contain all the information you need. But if you’re still struggling, take advantage of our unlimited 1-2-1 support to help you over any hurdles in the course. Our professionals have been through the same learning as you – so there’s not a challenge you can’t beat together.
ASSESSMENT ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
We make studying as adaptable as possible, so you can complete your coursework and multiple-choice exams online, whenever you want. You can even film your practical assessments at your own gym and then upload them to us to grade.
Graduate Interview Guarantee
With a FitLearn qualification behind you, clubs know you’ll have the skills to work with their customers. We can guarantee that all of our graduates are offered an interview through our network of partners at their closest available gym.
DO I NEED ACCESS TO A GYM?
Having access to a gym while you are studying will be hugely beneficial as it allows you to put your new skills into practice and reinforces the theory you are learning. You will need access to a gym to perform your video based practical assessments.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAMME?
This programme has been designed to fit around other commitments and allow you to study without deadlines. Start when you’re ready and qualify at your own pace. If you need to take a break, your student portal will keep track of your progress so getting back into studying couldn’t be easier.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I FAIL AN ASSESSMENT?
You will never fail an assessment! If you don’t pass first time it’s known as a referral, not a fail. Your assessor will give you detailed feedback to help you understand where you have gone wrong and how to improve. You can then resubmit or retake your assessment with no additional fees.
DO I NEED ANY PREVIOUS QUALIFICATIONS?
Yes, you will need to hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing to complete this qualification. If you do not yet have this take a look at our Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
WILL THERE BE ANY ADDITIONAL FEES?
We use DPD to ship your resources to you quickly and efficiently, so a small shipping fee will be added during the checkout process.
NCFE charge a registration and certification fee for each qualification that is completed with them. You are required to pay these fees once you have completed your studies. The registration and certification fee for this qualification is £77.
Additional fees will also apply if you decide to attend any optional training days.
WHAT IF I'M NOT BASED IN THE UK?
The principles of personal training are the same no matter where in the world you live and we are honoured to have students in many different countries including the UK, Ireland, Australia, Croatia, USA, Thailand, Dubai and China. This programme can be completed entirely through distance learning and online assessment.
WHAT SUPPORT WILL I GET WHILE I STUDY?
Our team of expert tutors are here for you! We offer unlimited support while you are studying by both telephone and email.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
We are happy to answer any questions you have, call us on 020 3322 7111 and speak to one of our course advisors.
Ready to take your next step?
Book onto your course now